Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Resistant H Pylori - 4th Treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderator: barjammar

HPgirl

Re: Resistant H Pylori - 4th Treatment

Post by HPgirl »

Thank you Barjammar & Helico Expert, I sure appreciate your assistance. I'm in Canada and my doctor will be in touch shortly.
euphoria

Post by euphoria »

Whoa, your doctor seems to be in love with clarithromycin. :mrgreen: Note that you still have fluoroquinolones and rifabutin left untried, so all hope is not gone... After one failed tetracycline-based quadrouple therapy (14 days), can tetracycline be used again?
itsSarahyay1

Post by itsSarahyay1 »

Tetracyclines can be used again...Dr. Marshall mentioned that h pylori does not become resistant to amoxcillin and tetracycline.

Hope this helps.
rifle_li

Post by rifle_li »

I have the same question. Please help me!
I have had 3 rounds of quadruple therapy to date. Please see the list below:

Oct 2010
PPI+BISMUTH+CLARITHROMYCIN+ tinidazole

Dec 2010
PPI+BISMUTH+ AMOXICILLIN+furazolidone

May 2011
PPI+BISMUTH+TETRACYCLINE+furazolidone

One month after the third treatment,I did the UBT test and the result was negative. I was so happy! But I went to hospital today and test again. The 13C UBT is positive again! I eat very carefully everyday. I do not share foods with my family and keep my tableware clean. I don't think I was reinfected. Maybe my last test was wrong. Now I want to have the 4th round of treatment. What therapy should I choose now? Thank you!
HPgirl

Post by HPgirl »

@rifle
How long did you wait to do the urea breath test after your treatment was completed?
rifle_li

Post by rifle_li »

to HPgirl:
Each time I did UBT test 1 month after treatment. I think this is the right way.
HPgirl

Re: Resistant H Pylori - 6th Treatment

Post by HPgirl »

barjammar wrote:At Helico_expert's suggestion I scanned through the questions and answers. By now you are resistant to metronidazole and clarithromycin. You could still be sensitive to a few of our special treatments however.
I think the failures are due to inadequate acid blockade.
Depending on where you are in world, we could send you a special treatment package to your doctor if you can bring him/her on board with the whole process. The drugs would be expensive unless your health care system covered them and you could acquire them from where you are.
I won't say anything further because I don't want you going off half cocked and using half a treatment, then making it more difficult for yourself later.
If I receive a communication from your doctor I will proceed. It is likely your would need a four drug combo, with two special antibiotics in the mix, given for at least 10 days.
Your doctor can fax a referral to my UWA office in three weeks when I will be back from a long trip. +61893464816 I don't charge anything, the referral is to make sure you have a medical person looking after the treatment for you, in case you have a reaction or something.
In the meantime, just take the esomeprazole to keep yourself comfortable. Also, fax us your biopsy results if you have them. Be patient! We have much more difficult cases than you at the H.pylori research laboratory. :)

Hi barjammar & helico_expert, thank you in advance for your referral. My doctor has faxed your office and I have scanned the documents including biopsy to your secretary. Some drugs are not avail in Canada, but I'm hoping that whatever you suggest can somehow be made available.
joeboch348

Post by joeboch348 »

I have done the recommended first 3 treatments. I thought i was all done but recently it has come back. I didnt test after the 3rd round because i also have acid reflux and would have to stop taking nexium for the test to work. Is there an end to this? Or will this be the cause of my death?
Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

definitely there is an end to your H. pylori infection. You are just one of the unlucky ones that has a resistant strain. Can you list down the 3 treatments you had? according to the standard procedure, you should go for an endoscopy session now and ask for antibiotic sensitivity test.
anglosaxon

Post by anglosaxon »

This is similar to my case too, so this has been a great help apart from the quadruple therapy made me really, really sick.

thanks

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”