Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Strange Helicobacter, please share your insights.....

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderator: barjammar

Basia

Strange Helicobacter, please share your insights.....

Post by Basia »

Hello everybody
I am from Poland, and I would therefore like to ask you for a brief assessment of my situation.
Brief history
2008 I had a contact with a person (we were a couple) who was infected with H.Pylori and was subject to eradication after an ulcer rupture.

2009 I had first symptoms, mainly empty belching, heartburn, I ended up in hospital (pain). Gastroscopy, rectoscopy - no abnormalities. PPI prescribed. No improvement at all. Dizziness appears, problems with allergies.

2010 Gastroscopy: gastritis, at my request CLO . CLO negative to the doctor's surprise, in his opinion it looks like helicobacter. . But they did not do the treatment

7 years pass.
During these years I have problems all the time, I eat maybe 10 products, I can hardly take lactose or simple sugars, sometimes I take antacids, periodically PPI. About once a year I do a stool test - negative for 7 years. I am very careful what I eat, I have the impression that everything rots in my stomach (subjective feeling).
The doctor thinks it is functional dyspepsia. I am being treated psychiatrically, the doctors say it is from stress. I have been taking SSRIs for three years. No effect.

2017 -continued nausea, empty bounces, sensation of food rotting in the stomach, terrible mouth odour, yellow tongue . I do IGG IGM and IGA - all results are practically zero. They say again that it is functional dyspepsia. On gastroscopic examination no metaplasia, no atrophy.

In 2018 I again do a breath test-result after 30 minutes (INFAIN of German manufacturer) exactly 0.0-negative.

In the same year, completely powerless, I do the traditional test for helicobacter from the stool - to my surprise it is positive. I go to the doctor. I am given a pylera straight away. For the first time. I undergo a 10-day treatment. And I'm back to life. In the period from 2018-2021 I have no symptoms, I eat everything, I have no allergies, I have the impression that the eradication has succeeded perfectly, the functional dyspepsia in all forms disappears. I do IGG along the way and interestingly only after the eradication does the IGG come out positive, this is the only positive result so far as far as the blood is concerned. All the symptoms recede and I feel like I did in my younger years. It was a good time....

In 2021, my symptoms start to recur. They are the same as before eradication but at an early stage. At first I fight with diet, use broccoli sprouts, garlic, exclude simple sugars, but basically I see that everything is heading towards what it was again. Slowly my condition is getting worse. I am starting to do IGG negative IGM negative IGA 0.12 (also negative) tests. 5 or 6 stool tests negative.
Gastroscopy: negative CLO, negative histopathology. I go for a colonoscopy, all normal.
A doctor in Poland decides that I should take pylera without being positive. I go on treatment and everything is really good.
I can eat normally again, everything is fine. Unfortunately, at the end of 2022 (and therefore sooner), the symptoms I already know return. I am currently eating a few foods again.
My question is absurd, but maybe you are able to answer it at least a little. Is such a "hiding" for this bacteria possible? Or am I just exaggerating. I don't understand this situation, that for three years after pylera or one year after pylera I am just a normal person leading a normal life (no dyspepsia at all) and my stomach accepts all foods and now I am back to the absurd situation and can eat nothing.
I currently have no positive result for helicobacter and am seriously wondering what to do next I have read a lot on here about the load of this bacteria and that if the acidity in the stomach is abnormal then these tests do not come out. I don't know whether to look for another pathogen or to hope that one day I will just find it,as I once did.
Thank you

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Strange Helicobacter, please share your insights.....

Post by Helico_expert »

Thank you for sharing your very interesting story.

After all the extensive tests, I think you are negative of H. pylori.
I am not sure why the stool test came back positive, but the stool has lots of bacteria, so it is possible that some closely related bacteria may cross react with the stool test.

It's funny that your blood test then came back positive after treatment. It's not normal for blood test to suddenly turn positive and then negative again later on. The antibody can stay in the blood for months or even years.

Since you feel better after pylera treatment, your symptoms are probably caused by some unknown bacteria. Instead of taking strong antibiotic combination like pylera, would you consider trying just the PPI or bismuth compound separately to see if they are equally good?

PPI is to stop the acid secretion, assuming that your symptoms are acid related.
bismuth is a heavy metal that can kill guts bacteria but cannot be absorbed by human body.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”