Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My igG came back negatove, but my igA was positive. Stool test negative but was on PPI

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderator: barjammar

Ymyfj

My igG came back negatove, but my igA was positive. Stool test negative but was on PPI

Post by Ymyfj »

So I had a blood test for h pylori and my results were as the following;

igG: negative (didn’t state the units)
igA: positive = 25.475 (negative:less than 20. Equivocal:20.1-24. Positive:greater than 25)

My doctor was so certain that I didn’t have h pylori he even didn’t want to test me, so he gave me PPI for my acid reflux.

Anyways two days later my test results came back and I went to another doctor and he shrugged off the igA positive result by saying it could be an antibody of another protein and that it most probably been here for YEARS, and it could stay positive even until I die.

So I asked him for more tests, and he advised that I do a stool test.

So I did and my results came back negative, then I realized that the test says I should be off PPI for 2 weeks, my doctor knew I was on PPI but he didn’t say anything.

Anyways, should I be worried about having a positive igA? I read here that since my igG was negative then I shouldn’t be worried at all...

I’m so nervous, and unsure. I hate this feeling.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My igG came back negatove, but my igA was positive. Stool test negative but was on PPI

Post by Helico_expert »

I agree with your doctor about the blood test.
But it is better to have another test to confirm it. Perhaps you can order a breath test a month later (after you finished your PPI)?

H. pylori infection is a very chronic disease. So you dont need to worry much.

Maria.b

Re: My igG came back negatove, but my igA was positive. Stool test negative but was on PPI

Post by Maria.b »

Sorry to jump post after 3 yrs of radiating h pylori with 3 endoscope and stool tests every 3 months im 85 percent better than I was but still my stomach is not the same as before but after reading this post my son who's 9 took blood tests for h pylori and tested positive now I retested him by stool in 2 different labs both came back negative but doctor insisted he's positive so I'm now confused and worried for my son and to be honest I do not want to catch h pylori again yr advice pls as the doctors don't seem to know alot on this bacteria. Thanks again x

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

as discussed, blood test cannot be used to diagnose if you have H. pylori now. The result only shows you if you had been exposed to H. pylori.

Stool test is directly testing the protein on the bacteria. So it depends on the bacteria load. If your son had taken any PPI or antibiotics, the stool test may fail.

I assume your son's stool test is accurate. There is no treatment needed.

As for you, as long as you take good care of your personal hygiene. Especially this COVID-19 period. It will be very hard for you to catch H. pylori.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi thanks 4 yr reply my son is 9 and never taken ppl or anti biotic ever so with the doctor really not knowing alot its confusing as for me I'm very careful with everything but as I've learnt its not just me that has to brush teeth wash hands its more the carrier as I've understood and I can't believe after 3 yrs and I've still got issues I guess I'll never fully recover as I've been told 2 endoscopes only show chronic mild gastritis

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it's not good to give antibiotics to children as it may disturb their microbiota development. So even if he is positive, if he is asymptomatic, you dont have to worry until he is over 17.

As for yourself, as long as you are free of H. pylori, you just need to focus on the symptomatic treatment. It is unfortunate that some damages could be permanent.

Ymyfj

Post by Ymyfj »

Helico_expert wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:02 am
as discussed, blood test cannot be used to diagnose if you have H. pylori now. The result only shows you if you had been exposed to H. pylori.

Stool test is directly testing the protein on the bacteria. So it depends on the bacteria load. If your son had taken any PPI or antibiotics, the stool test may fail.

I assume your son's stool test is accurate. There is no treatment needed.

As for you, as long as you take good care of your personal hygiene. Especially this COVID-19 period. It will be very hard for you to catch H. pylori.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

So what exactly does the iga positive mean? Why do i have h pylori iga antibodies if i have never been treated for it. I even asked my parents if i was treated for h pylori as a child and the said no.

I’m only worried about the iga positive result. I’m trying to think that the error margin is high though... i hope so. I still have 10 days before i can do another stool test

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

IgG is the main antibody that goes around your body. You can see it as federal police.
IgA is antibody that present in the mucus surfaces, eg, milk, saliva, gastric linings. You can see them as local police.

Although your IgA level is positive, it's just slightly above the threshold.

Laura

Post by Laura »

I Because i had some stomach sore, at the upper part of the stomac, i made an stomac ecography.. the doctor who did it told me i have gastritis.. then he recommended do an gastrofibroscopie- during this procedure they took some stomac tissue to make a biopsie.. the result is: CHRONICAL GASTRITIS SUPERFICIAL CONGESTIVE ANTRAL
HELYCOBACTER NEGATIVE-
I would like to ask you if i should worry about? Is it dangerous?

I took during 20 days nexium 20 mg, the symptons went away...should i take it for a more few days-

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Do you have family history of gastric cancer? if no and you are H. pylori negative, then you dont have to worry.

20 days of nexium is fine. if you no longer have any more symptom, then you can stop nexium.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”