Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

RUT: positive or negative?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderator: barjammar

Sajal

Re: RUT: positive or negative?

Post by Sajal »

I have been meaning to ask whether I should go for PBMT therapy despite the fact that here in India metronidazole resistance is quite high ( above 50 percent). Infact metronidazole is considered the least sensitive antibiotic for h pylori.

I have read that tetracycline and bismuth can overcome metronidazole resistance. So should I give PBMT a try or consider other antibiotics therapies like PBAT or PBAF?

I would like to go for the therapy with higher prospect of eradication.

P.S.– have done unsuccessful clarithro- amox based triple therapy.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yup. PBMT or PBAF are both good.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

My GI has prescribed the following:

Esomeprazole 40 mg bid
Bismuth subcitrate 120 mg qid
Metronidazole 800 mg tid
Tetracycline 500 mg qid
Amoxicillin 1g tid.

I haven't heard of such combination. It seems pretty hard as it includes 3 antibiotics+ ppi+ bismuth and would have too many adverse effects. Moreover, I am also concerned about the dose of metronidazole.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

we gave something similar to extremely case before. However, I agree that metronidazole is a bit high. Do check with your doctor, he may be more experience than us in this combination.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Is it like adding Amoxicillin in the classic quadruple therapy i.e., PBMT therapy gives higher cure rate? If not, what is the purpose of adding an extra antibiotic to a standard regimen?
I think Amoxicillin has been added due to high metronidazole resistance here in India. Can Amoxicillin along with tetracycline be able to eradicate h pylori despite the fact that my h pylori strains are resistant to metronidazole?

Should I take it for the whole course of 14 days or I can stop it after 7 or 10 days?

Doctors here doesn't care about explaining anything to the patients. This is why your suggestions are very important.

Thankyou.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

more antibiotics = higher cure rate = more side effect

so, as long as you can tolerate the side effects, it's a good treatment. Your doctor will be responsible for your overall health and condition. So call him if you experience very bad side effects.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Last therapy I took was a classic quadruple therapy i.e., metronidazole, tetracycline, bismuth subcitrate, esomeprazole plus amoxicillin. So basically it was rather penta therapy.
I haven't heard of such combination. Also, I have heard that Amoxicillin and tetracycline should not be used together as it hampers each other's efficacy. Is it true?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yea, we use that combination before. It's ok.

amoxicillin and tetracyclin is a funny combination. The outcome differ from reporters. The success rate range from 40-90%. Not sure why. anyway, in your penta treatment, there will be other antibiotics that will work.

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

My follow-up test(RUT) came positive today.

Last abx: classic bismuth based quadruple therapy along with Amoxicillin.

Can someone please tell me where can I have antibiotics susceptibility test here in India?

Sajal

Post by Sajal »

Hi...

2 months after completing quadruple therapy I went for follow up test and was tested positive for h pylori by histopathology and RUT. I again waited for around 2 months and over this period I did not take any medicine( not even ppis). Thereafter I went for antibiotics susceptibility testing which was negative. Also, histopathology could not detect h pylori.

I am confused. How come the bacteria is eradicated without taking any medications for it. My symptoms have not been subsided. I understand that negative culture does not always mean that you do not have h pylori. Also, it is not used as a means of detection of h pylori. However, histopathology was also negative and I have heard that it is considered as a gold standard test for detecting h pylori.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”