Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

MALT Lymphoma

After many years of H.pylori infection a cancer can develop in the stomach. This is particularly common in Latin America and Asia (esp. Japan). It is believed that lifelong inflammation of the stomach lining causes low acidity which then allows carcinogens to be active in the stomach. These then cause stem cells (part of the healing process) to mutate and become cancer cells.

Moderator: barjammar

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

Re: MALT Lymphoma

Post by ML-HELLico_Bacttle »

For dosage of antibiotics, you better ask your doctor before changing it yourself.
I've only doubled Tinidazole for yesterday, the 1st day of Phase 2, just like the insert advised for most infections.
I've read about Levofloxacin & decided not to mess around with it.
I couldn't find any help in regards to my doubt about Levofloxacin's interaction with magnesium-containing antacids (Rabeprazole) so I ended up taking/establishing it by the end of the afternoon, between meals; also because I wanted to be awaken if any of its nasty side effects came up. My doubt was also whether it would diminish efficacy if not taken together with the Tinidazole. I phoned my country's 24H healthline & the nurse said it was also Ok to take it isolated as long as I did take it everyday.

to boost cure rate, you can continue amoxicillin on phase 2 if you want.
I guess I will though I have found a LAR and a LTR but not a LATR therapy...
I'll have to take it between the last Rabeprazole & Tinidazole, tho. Can both Amoxicillin and Tinidazole interact in a counterproductive way?

I'm also pondering about acquiring Ranitidine (Bismuth Citrate) 300mg.
There are also good references to it in this interesting article that sums up a lot of studies:
https://clinmedjournals.org/articles/jc ... -2-011.php
How should it be taken?
Should it be placed right in the middle of the Rabeprazoles?
Can it be a piece that I can position differently from day to day as an unpredictability factor?
Or must it be taken with any of the antibiotics to enhance effectiveness? (and if so which is better?)

when pH is low, it's acidic. When pH is up, it's alkaline. So Rabeprazole stop acid production and your stomach pH will rise from acidic to neutral.
Yes, I know. I didn't say otherwise. In other words: when the stomach acid turns to the alkaline side too much the esophagus sphincter, which is acid-activated, doesn't close hence the reflux/heartburn which is nothing but a pH4 or pH5 invading the esophagus (pH6).

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

::: IF THERE IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE IN THE SAME SITUATION PLEASE JOIN THIS DISCUSSION & share your experience :::

Dear Helico_expert:

I'm not sure if you're still interested in my case but:
Next THU the post-3rd-Line endoscopy will be performed and it will be a more intense one for this time the institute has agreed to collect samples for the susceptibility test, even though they consider what happens in vitro of little relevance, specially after I have taken practically all anti-H.Pylori antibiotics there are.
For me it's incredible to notice that this is really uncommon procedure for them, if not the 1st time at all.
They say most patients respond to the 1st or 2nd treatment. I wish I knew why I don't… I've been 200% compliant with it all…
The only main difference I can imagine is that those patients probably don't eat as much raw as I have.
After the 3rd line I have limited my raw share to strictly safe vegetables — I cannot imagine that H.Pylori inside of a courgette — but I'm willing to give it up completely in the 4th line.

Do you think it'd be possible that H. Pylori is hidden in my teeth roots?

Is there anything you feel I must ask the team before the samples are taken?

As I get closer to the radiation option I'm beginning to be profoundly affected…
My girlfriend has had a new breath test & endoscopy, 7 months after her Pylera; Both came out negative.
I know this might just mean that she's not as infected as she was.
We don't remember the last time we kissed anymore...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you brush your teeth well, there will be no H. pylori in your mouth.

ps: You dont have to over do the cleaning. just general brushing teeth at least 2 times a day is enough.

even though you tried almost all antibiotics, I think the susceptibility test is still worth it.

make sure they test for Clarithromycin, Metronidazole, Amoxicillin, Tetracycline, Rifabutin and Ciprofloxacin.

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

Dear Helico_expert:

When I got to there the Gastro said they would not collect the samples for the susceptibility test.
Their lab doesn't do it and the institute would have to allow ordering it externally.
I found a lab that can do it and it's expensive that's also why they don't want to do it.

I'd like to ask you: as in my case all antibiotics failed how useful would this susceptibility test be?
If my H. Pylori strain would prove to be susceptible to any antibiotic in vitro would it mean it hadn't been exposed to it sufficiently?

This endoscopy was also the worst ever.
This time the biopsies really injured my stomach. I didn't use to have any stomach pains that lasted this long.
I'm sure it was a wonderful way to /disseminate lymphoma cells… And what for?!… My stomach Fundus remains the same so the report will be as coherent with the stomach aspect as it has always been.

Regarding the mouth: I meant inaccessible places like the periodontal ligament or root canals.
However, because I fast most morning and then have a long lunch & then snacks & then it's dinner time, I haven't really had brushed my teeth, with toothpaste, twice every day, although I swish water frequently. I wish I had done it since the start of antibiotic lines...
Ever since the 3rd line my microbiome & my nervous system changed in a bad way.

It also occurred to me:
What if we've been barking at the wrong tree?...
Since he was 16 my father has had Type 1 Diabetes, which is an autoimmune. Both his parents had stomach cancer.
It would make sense to me that I had an autoimmune atrophic gastritis.
What if my lymphocytes are not attacking H. Pylori but the parental cells that make hydrochloric acid?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori cannot become resistant to amoxicillin and bismuth.

Recently, there are some studies about the success of dual drug therapy but having high dose PPI and amoxicillin.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27977071

Perhaps you can talk to your doctor about trying it. also, since bismuth is pretty harmless, and can boost cure rate, why not take it in the same time.

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

Dear Helico_expert:

Thank you very much for that tip.
As I can't access the full version of the study can you tell me what high Amoxicillin+P.P.I. dosages were used?
You still believe in PARC, tho, right?

A this moment there is something I really need to understand:
People are asked not to take any antibiotics before endoscopies.
Is it only because that would wipe out new H. Pylori growth & make it harder to find them in the collected fragments of the stomach mucosa?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Please find the article from the link below
https://www.helico.com/pdf/1751-2980.12432.pdf

PARC can only be used once.

it is better to avoid antibiotics before endoscopy because we want to see what happen in "normal" state.

if you have taken antibiotics, then the bacteria load will be at minimum. Then we might be seeing the healing state, which may be a "false negative" result.

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

Dear Helico_expert:

Thank you for the study link.

Just like after the 1st line, which also involved Amoxicillin, I had a (false?) negative again.
The only safe conclusion seems to be that my strain is very sensitive to it. This time the result was based on 11 fragments.

I have never taken any antibiotics outside the 3 therapies/lines I had nor I spontaneously would as I've always been against antibiotics except in rare cases. However no one has ever told me to stop taking any supplements. This time I was still taking one and it might have influenced the result so I'm very concerned & skeptical about the result…

Wiping out new H. Pylori growth is something one would desire.
One just cannot keep taking antibiotics every day but if a supplement can do the same without the same side-effects wouldn't it be advisable?
The only (BIG) problem I see is the bacteria adapting its genome to resist the supplement too...

Have you been exploring this possibility in the most difficult cases?:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4716065/
Helicobacter pylori colonization of the oral cavity: A milestone discovery
In the food industry, polylysine (L) and the glycerol monolaurate (GM) are used in preserving meat products.
(...)
GM is the monoester formed from glycerol and lauric acid. H. pylori is extremely sensitive to GM. However, there are no reports of L or GM killing H. pylori in vivo. As both have had a safe record in the food industry, they have been tested to see whether they can eliminate H. pylori in the oral cavity. Patients who received treatment of LGM mouthwash and drug eradication showed 82.26% (within a 95%CI) effective results within one month of treatment[3] (Figure (Figure22).
This might be the cause why the antibiotics have failed so much.
I haven't found a mouthwash with those...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

thank you for sharing that article.

first of all, we do not believe that H. pylori can survive in the mouth. We have conducted study ourselves and have little evidence that H. pylori actually present in the mouth. Even if they do, they only present temporarily. A simple teeth brushing or mouth wash can get rid of oral H. pylori.

secondly, that article is strongly based on PCR method. It is a method over-sensitive with lots of false positive results. We conducted double blind study and showed that people without H. pylori can also get oral positive PCR result.

We have treated thousands of patients and we pay little attention to the oral H. pylori. Our success rate in H. pylori eradication is over 95%.

ML-HELLico_Bacttle

Dear Helico_expert:

I'm sure you'll agree that there isn't such thing as having H. Pylori only in the mouth.
I know you told me to cook everything. I have reduced the raw content of my lunch to veggies that I believe are safe.
I can't imagine H.Pylori inside a courgette, cucumber, onion, garlic, etc. I rarely include smooth cabbage leaves that I wash very well.

There are millions of people out there who follow a Raw Vegan Diet and are concerned about how to avoid something so invisible to them.
Do you know if there are any guidelines or certainties one can hold on to?
I'm sorry if these might be difficult questions but for instance:
How long can H.Pylori live outside a host on a leaf?
Can 5% acidic vinegar neutralize H. Pylori?

Return to “Stomach cancer and lymphoma”