Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer with weigh loss

Ulcers of the duodenum and stomach are called peptic ulcers. H.pylori causes most ulcers; other causes are aspirin and arthritis type drugs (NSAIDS). Ulcers can also be in the oesophagus but these are not caused by H.pylori.

Moderator: barjammar

Raquel1971

Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer with weigh loss

Post by Raquel1971 »

I ask for my mom who is 82 years old. 7 months ago on a trip to Orlando vomiting blood was two weeks in the hospital he transfused two blood bag and made an endoscopy was diagnosed with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer injectaron him something in one of the two ulcers and took the opportunity to do tests for cancer thank God were negative. Are you afraid of endoscopy. Prescribed Protonix 40 in the morning, plus an iron pill. Also take trental for circulation and metoprolol for high pressure. What has me very concerned that this lowering is much weighing 136 pounds now weighs 98 pounds and is really skinny. As much as we ask for a referral to a nutritionist or dietitian not we would get. I also suspect that it could be a side effect of Protonix. Actually it is not. We made dietary changes but we do not know whether right or wrong. We eliminate sodas, fried ribs, fried chicken, coffee, cheese, chocolate, milk, sweets ect. We eat potato, pumpkin and boiled chicken, rice, beans, canned tuna, tilapia, which means cake sold in the supermarket and pharmacy to cravings or snack, pasta with ground beef or steak cut tiny plain, juice and banana bread by the morning. She has not lost appetite.

We live just in front off a pier loose cargo, or black coal, stone, lime, glass fiber construction equipment and trucks coming and going and polluting the air can be the cause of ulcers? Mom neither smokes nor drinks

Now I say goodbye without to thank all the help we can provide.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer with weigh loss

Post by Helico_expert »

Is your mother H. pylori positive? did she take any aspirin, ibuprofen or any anti-inflammatory drugs?

the above are the most common cause of Gastric and duodenal ulcers.

Raquel1971

Post by Raquel1971 »

Thank you so much for answering my question. I'm not sure if they did or not a test for helicobacter. But they took many blood samples. They gave Zofran for nausea and vomiting, and Protonix and iron, besides the two blood transfusions. What if they said to me was when they did the endoscopy they injected something into one of the two and that kind of ulcer could be recurrent. She does not take pills like Advil or Panadol, good occasional Advil. She is allergic to captopril and spent several months under the efects of a reddish rash all over her body that your doctor did not want for any reason to change the medication until we fell in an emergency room and prescribed metoprolol 50, benadryl and prednizona.

Two weeks before the crisis episode of ulcers my mom she had returned to the rash on the legs of my mom so prescribed benadryl and a multivitamin. And my mom also bought 4 pills of prednizone because she take the multivitamin and benadryl and fell ill. With the Prednizone the rash is gone but not all. Now we are having the same problem I request a referral to the gastroenterologist and do not give, I ask for a referral to a nutritionist or dietitian and do not give, I ask a breath test to check for bacteria but not get the referral. I fear that a crisis like the one above being here where medical help is drive almost nil. I'm afraid also by low weight as drastic.

In the right arm came out one dark violet spot like a blow that was still in the doctor's office and when we saw we showed the doctor and the only thing he happened to say, that's slick old skin old. She had never gone before so bruising is the first time. And that already goes a week and the bruise has not changed.

I wanted to ask you if they can get vaccinated for pneumonia.
I wanted to ask if it is true that Protonix may cause cancer. And if Protonix may cause weight loss. She one day I miss to see if she could leave but taking in the morning and spend all day but in the morning and felt pain. And Pepto Bismol spoon was taken and when it was time to take the Protonix is ​​the volume. Also wanted to ask if I could substitute another pill? And if it's possible that my mom can get back to normal? She takes Trental and metoprolol either of these can cause weight loss or ulcer? They say Protonix may cause vitamin b12 deficiency, the defiencia of B12 can cause weight loss?

Excuse me many questions but I'm desperate and I have no one to answer them. My mom is the most I want is my everything.

Raquel1971

Post by Raquel1971 »

Before ulcers my mom had an enviable view both near and far. When given the crisis of ulcers eyes burned she describes it as if his eyes set fire. Said it was horrible. He was prescribed a lubricating drops. I was off after about three weeks. But his view is not equal nor even remotely close. For example now to read a shopper uses a flashlight and bus stop not see the number of distance. Before saw the number of the bus before everyone enough distance.

Is this normal with ulcers? The view from my mama could improve?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Protonix has been used for many years. I dont think it directly causes cancer. But your mom lossing weight, may due to the ulcer pain. I dont think ulcer can disrupt visions. But H. pylori can lead to iron deficiency.

Is your mom currently taking antibiotics? if she is, what kind of antibiotics?

If she isnt taking antibiotics for the past 4 weeks, how about you go find out from the doctor who did the endoscopy and see if you can get a report? or find out if H. pylori is tested in the blood test?

thomosgee

Post by thomosgee »

Often, a hiatus hernia won't cause any symptoms. However, it may cause a feeling of warmth or burning in your chest, which is called heartburn. This happens when the contents of your stomach, which are acidic, reflux (flow backwards) into your oesophagus. If you have heartburn symptoms that go on for a long time or are severe, this is called gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD).Other symptoms include:

Raquel1971

Post by Raquel1971 »

We finally referred to the laboratory and here are the results. The results of H pylori what give us the next morning and my mother is going to make a week abdominal x-rays sent him to a gastroenterologist mri health insurance but it is not approved. I pray with all my heart to help me understand these results as to how I see things and bureaucracy for when I get a new referral to the gastroenterologist will be for next year if we're lucky. I worry that my mother still losing weight and going down 93 pounds from 136 pounds he weighed one year ago.

HEMATOLOGY

WHITE BLOOD COUNT 5.90
RED BLOOD COUNT 4.34
HEMOGLOBIN 13.50
HEMATOCRIT 40.30
MCV 92.90
MCH 31.10
MCHC 33.50
RDW 12.80
PLATELETS 153.00
MPV 10.70

DIFFERENTIAL

NEUTROPHILS 62.90
LYMPHOCYTES 25.70
MONOCYTES 6.40
EOSINOPHILS 4.40
BASOPHILS 0.60
NEUTROPHILS ABSOLUTES VALUE 3.70
LYMPHOCYTES ABSOLUTE VALUE 1.50
MONOCYTES ABSOLUTE VALUE 0.40
EOSINOPHILS ABSOLUTE VALUE 0.300
BASOPHILS ABSOLUTE VALUE 0.00
RBC NUCLEATED ABSOLUTE VALUE. CELLS/MCL 0.00

COAGULATION

PT 13.0
INR 1.05
NOTE:
THE INR IS VALID ONLY FOR THE EVALUATION OF A PATIENT STABILIZED ON LONG TERM ORAL ANTICOAGULANT THERAPY.
RECOMMENDED THERAPEUTIC RANGES FOR ORAL ANTICOAGULANT THERAPY:
PROPHYLAXIS INR 2.0 - 3.0
PREVENTION OF SYSTEMIC EMBOLISM INR 2.0 - 3.0
MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION INR 2.0 - 3.0
MECHANICAL PROSTETHIC HEART VALVES INR 2.5 - 3.5
RECURRENT SYSTEMIC EMBOLISM INR 2.5 - 3.5
BY: STAGO START 4

ENDOCRINOLOGY BY ELECSYS 2010

THYROID PROFILE W/TSH
TSH-3G 2.970
T3 UPTAKE 1.11
T4 9.62
FTI 8.67

CHEMISTRY

CA 19-9 4

CHEMISTRY BY VITROS 250

LIPID PANEL

CHOLESTEROL 198

TRIGLYCERIDES 135
HDL 63
LDL 108.00
VLDL 27.00
CHOLESTEROL/HDL 3.14
LDL/HDL 1.71

CHEMISTRY BY VITROS 250
COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL

FBS 98
BUN 22 HIGH
CREATININE 0.80
BUN/CREATININE RATIO 27.50
SODIUM 144
POTASSIUM 4.0
CHLORIDE 102
CO2 29.0
ANION GAP 17.00
CALCIUM 10.0
BILIRUBIN TOTAL 0.4
PROTEIN TOTAL 7.6
ALBUMIN 4.6
GLOBULIN 3.00
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO 1.53
AST 41
ALT 39
ALKP 112
GFR AFRO-AMERICANS ML/MIN/1.73 >60.00
GFR NON-AFROAMERICANS ML/MIN/1.73 >60.00

URINALYSIS
PHYSICAL

COLOR YELLOW
TURBIDITY CLEAR
SPECIFIC GRAVITY 1.020
REACTION PH 6.0
GLUCOSE NEGATIVE
BILIRUBIN NEGATIVE
KETONE NEGATIVE
BLOOD 80 ERY/UL
PROTEIN NEGATIVE
UROBILINOGEN 0.2
NITRITE NEGATIVE
LEUKOCYTES NEGATIVE

MICROSCOPIC ANALYSIS

RBC 4-6
WBC 0-2
EPITHELIAL CELLS NONE
BACTERIA RARE
MUCOUS THREADS NON SEEN
CRYSTALS NONE SEEN
CASTS NONE SEEN
TRICHOMONAS NONE SEEN
YEAST CELLS NONE SEEN

I could explain it in
urinalysis blood 80 Ery / uL
Bacteria Microscopic Analysis rare.
Part of coagulation and whether this refers to the use of trental, metoprolol, omeprazole. This month my mother used for 10 days cephalexine. Can this affect the results? The urine was clear, I don't understand.
CA 19-9 as it came.
Chemistry by Vitros 250 (All)
Comprehensive metabolic panel (All) What is BUN level 22. It is really high?

Please explain anything that is not good, not look normal or have to worry. Please I ask you from the bottom of my heart help for understand the results and please tell me what can we do to fix my mother health. Once again I apologize for the audacity. Thank you very very much.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i am sorry i cannot interpret the results as every laboratory has their own standards. besides, the unit of the results are missing. made it impossible to interpret. The best is to get your local GP to explain to you.

in regards to the microbiology analysis, i think the laboratory only did a general microbe count. It's not specific to helicobacter. Also, if antibiotics are used within 2 weeks, it will direct affect the outcome and give you a false negative.

The best way to tell if your mother has h. pylori is by doing urea breath test.

Raquel1971

Post by Raquel1971 »

Hello Helico-Expert Today we went to the doctor to read results and left with gallstones and kidney cyst. We also receive the results of the stool test h pylori and are positive. So the doctor will prescribe omeprazole 20 mg every 12 hours, metronidazole 500 mg every 12 hours, clarithromycin 500mg every 12 hours. Tomorrow we are going to make a stomach / pelvic MRI. My question to you is whether this is the right combination to eradicate the bacteria? That I can do to avoid the side effects? Do you think it is necessary to perform the MRI? I wanted to know if the gallstones may be related to weight loss and that you would recommend me to dissolve?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the antibiotic is the right choice for a standard first line therapy. in term of side effect, everyone reacted differently. So i dont know. But most people are able to complete the antibiotics without much problem. Nevertheless, some people also take probiotics in the same time to help with the side effect. I think that's something you can try too.

The MRI is optional and it is really to check if there is any ulcers or other abnormalities. Normally if H. pylori is eradicated, those ulcers or abnormalities will go away. So, the MRI scan will decide how long your mother will need to take the PPI.

gallstones can be very painful and may require surgery to remove. Discuss with your doctor if a surgery is required. If it is, then perhaps your mother can take the antibiotics during the recovery after the surgery.

Return to “Ulcers: Duodenal and Gastric”