Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Sympthoms after treatment, how long should it last?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderator: barjammar

hunpeter91

Re: Sympthoms after treatment, how long should it last?

Post by hunpeter91 »

Gastroscopy on wednesday... it wont be fun, but need to rule out malignancy. Wish me luck!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's not scary at all and it's very safe. So dont worry, you'll be fine.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi just to calm yr nerves i had an endoscope done over a yr ago and honestly i dont know what he gave me i know i was awake but never felt a thing when the doctor said ok were finished i couldn't believe it so dont be scared you will be fine x

hunpeter91

Post by hunpeter91 »

Thank you all! Endoscopy done. I was completly conscious, no sedation or anything, just some lidocain spray. It was a very bad experience, but I had worse before. All in all the result is negative. One small (1-2 mm) ectopic lesion or mucos abnormality was visible above the cardia/ biopsy was taken. I think nothing to worry about. Now my throat hurts, thats all. Thak you for support!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

bravery - 10 out of 10!

well done!

Divij

Post by Divij »

I was diagnosed with this last month. The doctor prescribed amoxillin 1g twice for 5 days and then tinidazole 500mg and levofloxacin 500 mg for 5 days after the amoxicillin. Is this treatment regime any good?
It has been 3, days since my treatment is over but i am still having some weird symptoms. I am extremely nauseous after waking up so much so that i cant even eat. It gets better after a few hours though. After that i am having a dull,heavy pain in the area above my navel.
I am currently taking a PPI twice daily with sucralfate and oxetacaine. The doctor said that if the symptoms do not go away i will have to do a ct scan which i would like to avoid if possible.
Pls help as i have no idea why this is happening and i am feeling extremely helpless. It cant be due to the infection as i just finished the treatment and i didnt have any ulcers or major damage in my stomach during the endoscopy. I created a new post relating this but it isnt showing up. Pls reply.

hunpeter91

Post by hunpeter91 »

Hey Divij! I have the same epigastric dull, heavy pain for 2 months! 2 weeks after treatment I feel some improvement, so I think your symptoms might improve as well with time. Your therapy is a little bit strange for me, it usually contains 2 antibiotics and a PPI at the same time and last 10-14 days. I think you should check it with ultrasound, wait with CT. First you should be sure about the treatment's sucess, so wait for the result of the controll test (4 weeks after therapy). Get well soon! We must stay strong!
Last edited by hunpeter91 on Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

hunpeter91

Post by hunpeter91 »

One other thing about therapy. My cardiologist yesterday comfirmed, that clarithromycin and amoxicillin really can cause irregular heart beat, extrasystoles. Very hard to get rid of them after therapy...

Divij

Post by Divij »

Thanks for the reply.
It is good to know that someone else also has similar symptoms as me. As for the regime i found out it is called sequential therapy. I dont think the doc will approve another breath test for conformation cause all the docs here are arrogant and there arent any other facilities that can perform a ubt.
Any way i will have to wait at least a few weeks before the test anyway so we will see what happens. I have also done an ultrasound even before the infection which found out i had a mild case of hepatitis which was resolved without much problem.
So currently i an gonna try to wait and watch for some time.

Divij

Post by Divij »

I didnt have this pain before therapy. It probably started during or after the therapy. Thats why i am so worried about it as there doesnt seems to be a reason for it .
The pain also usually starts after eating something. I have mostly noticed it start after breakfast. This sure hasnt helped my crippling health anxiety.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”