Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My 9 years old is miserable due to H Pylori

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderator: barjammar

Holisticmind

My 9 years old is miserable due to H Pylori

Post by Holisticmind »

Hi Everyone,
Namaste!
I am feeling a deep mental pain while writing this message on this forum. It's about my 9 years old daughter who has been very sick from last 2 years. She was born as a healthy child and everything was normal till the age of 7 years except chronic constipation which started at the age of 7 months after introducing the solid foods. I still remember the horrible time during Halloween 2020, when I observed that she is losing weight and hair. It never stopped after that. We are an average Indian family but despite of financial constraints, I contacted USA naturopaths and after her GI MAP test we came to know that she has high level of H Pylori. Meanwhile she developed low appetite, burping, severe constipation, severe hair fall, 5 Kg weight loss and so on. When we started treating her with naturopathic supplements, we saw 180 degree improvement, majority of her symptoms improved but this was temporary relief. After one month we were back to square one. We have tried Interfase Plus, Monolaurin, Matula Tea, Mastic Gum, Pyloricil, Black Seed Oil, S Boulardii, Glutamine, G I Synergy, Berberine, DGL, Broccomax, Colostrum, and many other supplements till now for the eradication of H Pylori, however, there has not been much relief. Every time we try something new, we see improvement, however, soon after, the bacteria become resistant, and we are back to square one. I am losing my daughter everyday. She has hair thinning and She hasn't gained any weight in the last two years due to malabsorption and appears to be skin and bones. She is slipping into depression due to all this. We didn't try antibiotic till now as she is a child. She will turn 10 years old after 2 months. My heart breaks when she looks at me with her innocent eyes. I am her mother and I too have dysbiosis. This might have transferred to her when she was in my womb. I have Hashimoto's. I tested my daughter for Hashimotos but her antibodies are below range and TSH is 2, but her FT3 and FT4 are at top range. Seems H Pylori is in process of creating Thyroid malfunction. I came on this forum with lots of hope. I request Dr Barry Marshall and Team with folded hands to help my daughter. I am in deep shit right now. I sleep with this burden and wake up with the same burden. I feel helpless and suffocated all the time. Pls help!

Holisticmind

Re: My 9 years old is miserable due to H Pylori

Post by Holisticmind »

Hi People,

I was expecting some replies on my post. Can anyone guide me here. @ helico_expert, any suggestions?

Thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry for the late response. Your post was somehow pushed to the bottom and I missed it. I am sorry to hear what happened.

First of all, GI Map is not a good diagnosis of H. pylori. Can you get a proper Breath or stool test to verify the diagnosis?

If your daughter is indeed positive of H. pylori, perhaps you can ask her doctor to look into Vonoprazan + amoxicillin, dual drug therapy. This combination should be suitable for children.

Holisticmind

Post by Holisticmind »

@ helico_expert, I am grateful that you responded to my query. Pls accept my gratitude.

Recently, my daughter turned 10 years old. She is growing very slowly in height and is unable to put on weight. With the aid of digestive enzymes, her appetite and protein consumption are normal. An upper and lower GI endoscopy, a biopsy, done by a GI professor here in India confirmed the existence of H. pylori. She did not have any stomach ulcers, either, but her mucosa line was flat. Does H. pylori typically prevent children's growth? Does it also lead to malabsorption? Could it be a SIBO source? I desperately need advice at this stage in my life because my daughter might enter puberty in the next year or two. Her physical development ought to be finished at this point. If she is not given the correct care right away, I worry that it could stunt her development. Please let me know if there's any way I may contact you personally. I am her mother, and she is my only child. Please help me bring her health back.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I dont think H. pylori affects people's growth.
H. pylori infected at least 50% of the world's population.
Usually people catch H. pylori when they are very young (around 2 years old).
Based on the data I collected in China, 20% of the children below 13 years old is already tested positive of H. pylori.

If she has no clinical symptoms from H. pylori, you can ignore it until she is 18 years old.
The treatment could cause more harm than benefit to her.

I think sport is a good way to improve height growth. Maybe you can encourage her to do some sports.

superrobe11

Post by superrobe11 »

My daughter turned 10 recently. She cannot gain weight and grows slowly. Digestive enzymes normalize her appetite and protein intake. An Indian GI professor's upper and lower GI endoscopy and biopsies revealed H mario games pylori. She had no stomach ulcers but a flat mucosa line. H. pylori stunts kids' growth? Is there malabsorption? SIBO, perhaps? Due to my daughter's impending puberty, I need advice. Her physical growth should be complete. If she doesn't get proper care straight away, it could hinder her development. Please let me know if we can talk. She's my only daughter. Help me heal her.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”