Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Multi-resistant H. pylori

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderator: barjammar

fbagovic

Multi-resistant H. pylori

Post by fbagovic »

Dear Prof. Marshall,
My name is Davorin and I live in Croatia.
I have corpus predominant chronic mild atrophic gastritis with H.pylori infection. I already had 3 eradication schemes, but unfortunately I'm still H.p. positive. New antibiogram shows resistance to: Clarithromycin (MIC=64 mcg/ml), Metronidazol (MIC=64 mcg/ml), Levofloxacin (MIC=2 mcg/ml); following antibiotics are at the breakpoint: Rifabutin (MIC=1 mcg/ml), Moxifloxacin (MIC=1 mcg/ml).
As I underwent successful neurosurgery, furazolidone is contraindicated.
Do you see some way out ?

Now I found out that I'm in deep trouble, so I'm trying to educate myself.
Hopefully after your advice I'll look like this :D

Thank you in advance

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Multi-resistant H. pylori

Post by barjammar »

Wow - you gave me all the information I needed. Firstly, note that very high doses of PPI (rabeprazole 20 mg tid) plus amoxycillin (1G tid) will have a cure rate of 60-70%. The antibiogram to penicillin is not very important - Hp is almost always suceptible. Since you are very limited in your coices, perhaps do the above treatment with bismuth (De-Nol) double dose (120 mg, 2 tabs QID) for two weeks. You could add something else in the last 7 days of that treatment; tetracycline (250 mg, 2 tabs qid) or maybe furazolidone (100 mg tid) would be better if it was compatible with your condition. Discuss drug interactions with your actual doctor and do some more research - update us about what you find as it will help others.
It is likely that you will get some side effects with this rather strong combination. :o
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

fbagovic

Post by fbagovic »

Thank you for supporting me.
I was also thinking how to add some other antibiotic to amoxicillin to increase the eradication chances, and as you suggested tetracycline is one of the possibilities. Unfortunately I found out that tetracycline may reduce the effect of penicillin. :? Is this the reason you are suggesting to add tetracycline in the last 7 days (and not during the whole therapy)?
My overall condition is good (44 y), but due to neurosurgery (neurinoma acusticus) I'd like to avoid Furazolidone and keep the oncological risk at minimum. What do you think would adding Alinia (Nitazoxanide) in the last 7 days of treatment be of help?
Beside probiotics, any furher idea how to decrease the bacterial overload and break the biofilm (some kind of pre-treatment)?
I'll update the community on the result, let's stay in touch until then.
:)

barjammar
Site Admin

Post by barjammar »

I doubt that the tetracycline and amoxicillin interaction is relevant in the stomach. However, tetracycline and bismuth probably chelate to each other and to the mucus layer and thus last longer in the stomach so they might be synergistic - at least they have been used in lots of triple therapies. Nitazoxanide is a reasonable extra drug to use - as long as there is plenty of PPI also. It is pretty safe in my experience. So start off with the bismuth, amoxi and PPI, then add the tetracycline and nitazoxanide after 5 days and continue all for 10 days total. About 30 minutes after taking it, lie down and roll 360 degrees twice to better coat the stomach. (maybe say a prayer!!). Let me know if it works. :?
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”