Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori and panic anxiety disorders

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderator: barjammar

Vivin

H Pylori and panic anxiety disorders

Post by Vivin »

I have been diagnosed with H. pylori infection and pan gastritis through endoscopy with RUT, and I have undergone antibiotic therapy two times in the last six months. The first treatment involved: Pylokit (Tinidazole 500mg + Clarithromycin 250mg + Lansoprazole 30mg), and the second treatment was a quad therapy (Bismuth 120 mg + Tetracycline 2000 mg + Metronidazole 1200mg + Dexlansoprazole 60mg), each lasting for 14 days. While my symptoms do improve during the antibiotic regimen, they tend to worsen progressively after I complete the treatment.

My primary complaints include palpitations, extreme anxiety, brain fog, headaches, fatigue, and difficulty focusing and breathing too. These symptoms have led me to seek the expertise of various medical professionals including gastroenterologists, cardiologists, pulmonologists, and neurologists. However, the consensus among them has been to dismiss my symptoms as psychiatric in nature.

I am curious if anyone has come across cases where folks exhibited symptoms similar to mine. I am particularly interested in understanding whether H. pylori infection could potentially contribute to symptoms like anxiety, fatigue and headaches and this is not just a psychiatric issue.

Amenweekly

Re: H Pylori and panic anxiety disorders

Post by Amenweekly »

Hi! My name is Carrie Smith. I am a 46 year old female. I have had on going symptoms of Hpylori since around 18 years old. When I would get a cold/flu symptoms it would always turn into an infection and in order to kick it I would have to go on an antibiotic to get rid of the cough. Since then I have had four children and after my 3rd pregnancy my symptoms worsened. I began experiencing vertigo and got a salivary gland infection. About 4 1/2 years ago (August 2019) I began recognizing a horrible extended family tragedy that had happened to me as a child. I was really ashamed of what had happened to me and I didn’t want my husband or kids to know. I would wake up at night go downstairs and lay on the couch crying terribly like I had never in my life experienced such pain. Then I would get these horrible stomach aches with gas bubbles popping around my entire abdomen and even to my lower back area. I have been in and out of doctors offices but finally was told by a doctor I had Hpylori from a endoscopy. I have been on 1 round of antibiotic treatment which helped for four weeks. I would really love to be part of a study under Dr. Barry Marshall’s team or at least be a patient. If they could do the endoscopy and determine an antibiotic treatment that would be ideal! I agree that I probably had this bacteria dormant but it did not start effecting my stomach until the stress and anxiety started taking a tole on me. Anyhow, I would be blessed if someone on staff could reply? Thanks & Blessings, Carrie Smith

paulbuie

Re: H Pylori and panic anxiety disorders

Post by paulbuie »

Vivin, I have much of the same symptoms, especially HORRIBLE ANXIETY. I have gone the naturopathic way for years but it is not working, I'm about to ask my doc for antibiotics. I can make progress but they always come back.

Stop eating carbohydrates. Every time I make progress with killing them (HP bastards) and start eating carbs again, they always come back. You don't see docs talk about this but the HP thrive on carbs and not so much on starchless vegies, lean meat. I could not eat at all for a while. I eat broccoli and chicken when I'm in crisis (I am now).

Your treatments will work if you get off carbs. It always works for me.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”