Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

ppi intragastric pH after treatment

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderator: barjammar

nano

ppi intragastric pH after treatment

Post by nano »

Hi,

I was on 1g amoxycylin + 500mg levofloxacin+ 40mg esomeprazole bd for 10 days. I have done that treatment to improve my sligltly hypochlohydria... and now I was measured two times with very primitive method (lakmus paper) stomach content pH after meal and I have found that pH is around 5,5... It is 6 days after disconution of all medicaments... so I was expecting some incresead acid... Before treamtment I have pH of around 3 and 3.5 after 1h after meal... IGG show very high value against HP, gastroskopy confirms it with chronic moderate gastritis and some low density of Helicobacter organisms...

For one year I have found as well that my intragastric pH was very high (5.0) so I use some betaine hcl to correct it... I have seen that doctors use that method in the past with quite good results... ofcourse lack of stomach acid is not consequnce of not consuming hcl tablets, so my doctor decide to make HP eradiaction... and I'm was completly agreed... there was no athrophy as histopatology was done... so my idea is use again betaine hcl to give some ,,kick,, for acid production... my doctors said that he can it not recommend as proffesional , bur personally he will try it as it have work in the past (a few days on HCL tabs and later everything was ok without any tablets)
Have somebody such experience with virtually missing acid after course of antibiotics with osemprazole (there was no athrophy)... maybe zinc, b6 vitamin plays some role... in that process... as they take a part in Hcl production in stomach... but when have gastric pH above 5,0 they will be poorly absorbed... and we have some closed circle...???? I was low on zinc and very low on copper before treatment... have anybody any idea or experience...

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: ppi intragastric pH after treatment

Post by barjammar »

Hi,
Unless you have a biopsy test and acid measurement in the fasting state, at endoscopy, it is hard to work out what your status is. If the biopsy shows normal numbers of parietal cells the acid should be relatively normal. Read up on atrophic gastritis. You should read this post: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=202158&p=203927&hilit=acid#p203927
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

KassyS

Re: ppi intragastric pH after treatment

Post by KassyS »

Hi
I have had an h pylori infection for a few years which caused gastritis. I was given triple therapy in 2008 by a junior doctor who gave me no guidlines. I took them, and did not retest since I had no knowledge of when to retest and time went by and I think that I took h pylori for granted. Last year 2011, I learned that a cousin died of stomach cancer after battling an ulcer and I got scared and remembered that I never confirmed eradication of h pylori. In fact I still had that burning in the stomach after several years. I retested and sure enough the bacteria was still present. I remembered reading online about a product called mastic gum being good for h pylori especially the resistant kind and ulcer. I decided to use it as I thought that the bacteria was resistant. That was the biggest mistake I could have made as the product ripped my stomach apart causing SEVERE, EXCRUCIATING pain. After that my life has not been the same. I have since stopped producing acid and I have pernicious anemia. Please tell me how long does it normally take under those conditions for stomach cancer to develop. I am only 35 and I am scared. Do you think that I should have a total gastrectomy? Prior to taking the masic gum, I was still producing acid and intrinsic factor. In fact my b12 levels were around 400. I was always hungry, food was being digested. I had pain under my breast area if I was stressed out or did not eat on time or if I ate something that irritated the stomach. I had some pain in the shoulder too from time to time. The mastic gum totally destroyed my stomach. This product is dangerous and it is being sold online as a miracle product fro h pylori and ulcers and I fell for it believing that the anti-biotics were not working for me, not realising that sometimes one needs more than one treatment with anti-biotics before the bacteria can be eradicated. I had no proper medical guidance. There are these doctors who just hand out meds and do not even give proper guidance and information to the patient as to the treatment and no follow up guidance is given. If the doc who had given me the triple therapy in 2008 had explained to me that you need to get retested in x time and if it is still there come back for another treatment or at least give me a specific date to go back to the doctor for follow up. That was never done and I acted out of ignorance. My life is so messed up. The first doctor had who saw me in 2007 when I was hospitalised with stomach pains also gave me nexium, no follow up date but she told me that she wanted me to do an endoscopy but I was too scared to have it done, so I said I had no money. So I blamed myself for not having done it. I though an endoscopy was an operation and I thought what if I don't wake up? I was sooo scared. Had she explained about h pylori then and the seriousness of my condition I would have swallowed the fear and done it, because I am way worse off today. I do hope that my message is not a bother to you, but you are the expert in the field so I would really like some advice. Thank you in advance.

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”