Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Host pathogen interactions

Scientific questions might be discussed here - maybe someone technical can answer them and provide special insights.

Moderator: barjammar

chriscar

Host pathogen interactions

Post by chriscar »

Hello,
I have started to collect host/pathogen interactions for H.Pylori at http://www.polygenicpathways.co.uk/helicobacter.htm . I am sure that I have missed many, and would be grateful for any contributions via the form on the site. I will analyse pathways when there is a reasonable number of genes. Thanks. Chris

There is now a KEGG pathway analysis of this interactome at http://www.polygenicpathways.co.uk/helicokegg.htm which illustrates the numerous signalling networks potentially affected by the pathogen. Chris
Last edited by chriscar on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Host pathogen interactions

Post by barjammar »

Hi There,
This is very Nice List of H.pylori features (with references)! Keep updating it and I'll use it from time to time as a reference. Thanks.
Barry Marshall :D
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

tossin

Post by tossin »

I am sure that collecting the host/pathogen interactions for H.pylori will be helpful for researchers for their reference work. There is sure to be many that may be missed and having them at one site will make it easily assessable!! Hope to see a lot more on the site about it!!
“Read Today, Lead Tomorrow”

pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg

Post by pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg »

Dr. Marshall, I am suspicious as to whether microscopic mites found on my eyelashes along with cornea damage, and basal cell found on my arm and now H Pylori in my stomach confirmed by biopsy could all be related. I was treated with Pylera in the last 10 days and feel much better. Have to confirm eradication via stool test in 8 weeks. I also have two more skin sites that need biopsy, same side. Would H Pylori show up in a skin biopsy? My father suffered and died from peptic ulcers, diverticulitis, colon cancer and ultimately cardiac tamponade all noted in his autopsy along with H Pylori infection! He was treated with Tagament and ate tums for years. He did not receive your treatment and probably didn't even know about it. Did I get from him or my mother? She now has cirrhosis and cancer of the liver cause unknown and has never been tested for H Pylori. My daughter also currently has symptoms. ? Last I read was September 2011 article out of Foggia Italy noting possible link to skin disease, lymphoma and rheumatoid arthritis which my mother has, the RA that is. Also other possible links to various chronic diseases.

Do you know or are you related to Stephen J. Marshall working in Health Science in NSW?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

while waiting for Barry to respond to your post, let me help out with some of the questions.

to our knowledge, H. pylori is not related to skin disease. some people claim that it is and after antibiotic treatment, they are cured. but, the it could be any bacteria and was eradicated with the same antibiotics. I believe that H. pylori only relate to gastrointestinal problem.

I am sorry to hear what happened to your father. From literature, we have higher chance of catching H. pylori from mother than father. However, it really depend who really take care of you when you are young. I believe you would catch the bacteria from whoever you spent most of your time with during childhood. not necessary to be your parents. could be your grand parents, babysitters or day carer.

as for your daughter, if she is old enough, can get her to do some test and see if she is infected with H. pylori. if she is young and the symptom is not too severe, can wait till she is older.

pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg

Answer to that question would be mother but I am puzzled since problem was with father. Very unsettling not knowing where, when how so I can avoid it again. Daughter is now adult. Will ask Dermatologist some questions today. All my issues have popped up in the last year and a half. Thank you, would still like to hear what Dr. Marshall thinks. On the bright side I don't have ulcers.

pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg

Brother, daughter and another in close contact did/doing breath test waiting results. Trying to get mom tested as well, still
curious as to how her liver cancer developed.

pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg

writing in a hurry this morning, Can H Pylori live in the liver? blood work has been ordered by interventional radiology in an attempt to treat my moms liver cancer, would they automatically look for H Pylori in that blood work as a possible cause? for years they have been telling mom she has problems with the liver, nobody seemed to be actively pursuing why and recently the research oncologist mentioned that her blood work was positive for an antibody attacking the immune system but did not seem to know what it is? Since I was just eradicated for H Pylori in my stomach most likely via my mother and my daughter and brother have symptoms awaiting test results, am I way off base, out of bounds?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori do not live in liver. you will not find H. pylori in blood too. I dont think H. pylori has any association with liver cancer because it is a pathogen very specific to stomach only.

most of the time, cancer happened because of genetic. if more of your parent's siblings have cancer, then your chance of getting the cancer will be very high. nevertheless, I would suggest you and your children to have frequent check up to make sure you all stay healthy. Cancer is treatable in early detection.

pcnhpdrm7*4ztcfg

Thank you. My initial symptoms were naseau, feeling dizzy as if I was going to faint. I went to the ER who was focused on the
heart, the thought of H Pylori wasn't even in the picture. I went through all these other tests which came up zero before my
primary sent me to a GI doc. I think ER's should be trained more about the symptoms of H Pylori. I read another story on your site where someone had the same experience at the ER. I am surprised to learn that many nurses and the general public have either never heard of H Pylori or do not know much about it. Makes me wonder how many people are walking around out there with it self medicating with over the counter meds seen on TV for heartburn not seeking medical attention until they are in a critical status.

Return to “Basic Science / Molecular Epidemiology / Evolution 基础研究 / 分子传播学 / 进化”