Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Seeking help for hiccup and stomach microbe problem

Weird questions go here! If your question doesn't quite fit the other categories, use this section.

Moderator: barjammar

shengtao

Seeking help for hiccup and stomach microbe problem

Post by shengtao »

Hello everyone,

I am a college student from Zhengzhou, China, and I have a problem with my stomach that has been bothering me for a long time. I hope someone here can help me or give me some advice.

My main symptom is that I often hiccup, especially after meals. The hiccup lasts for 10 to 30 minutes every time, and about 1 to 2 hours per day. I have done the H. pylori test before, and it was positive. I took the quadruple therapy and then it turned negative, but my symptom did not improve. I have also done the gastroscopy, and it showed that there was no anatomical abnormality in my stomach, only superficial gastritis.

My guess is that there are some other bacteria or microbes in my stomach or intestines, besides H. pylori, that can break down food and produce a lot of gas, which is expelled through hiccup. I want to do some experiments to verify this hypothesis, and to identify the type and number of microbes in my stomach.

The experiments I want to do are:

1.To culture the gastric juice or brush the gastric mucosa to determine whether there are such microbes in my stomach, and to identify the species of microbes.

2.To analyze the gas composition of my hiccup by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and compare it with normal people, to determine whether there are any abnormal metabolic products in my stomach, and also to assist in finding out whether there are any abnormal microbes.

The help I need is:

1.Gastric juice culture or gastric mucosa brushing are very rare tests in general hospitals, and may require special equipment and sterile requirements. So if anyone knows any laboratory or hospital that has such equipment, please let me know.

2.I am not very familiar with the operation of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, so I need to borrow a laboratory or laboratory equipment, preferably with someone to guide me to complete the experiment.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me or give me some suggestions. Thank you very much for reading my post!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Seeking help for hiccup and stomach microbe problem

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

sorry for the late response. I am not sure why your post did not pop up on my end when you posted.

1st of all, I admire your spirit of wanting to do research.

then we need some basic knowledge of the stomach and its bacteria.
The stomach is normally very acidic and so no other bacteria can grow.
If you read up on the literature, you'll find scientists have proven that the stomach is usually sterile without bacteria.
If you check the stomach biopsies from healthy people without H. pylori, it's normally clean and has no detectable bacteria.

Nevertheless, it is possible to have some bacteria temporarily present in the stomach. They come from the mouth when you swallow saliva.

your hiccup symptom is most likely caused by some sort of "stress" in the stomach.
it could be the inflammation has not recovered yet.
it could be a certain food that triggers some irritation of your stomach.
it could be some permanent damages left by H. pylori.
it could be mental stress.

I personally know someone who has never been infected by H. pylori, but always get hiccups when she is under stress, such as before exam or standing on stage.

tarrylowe

Post by tarrylowe »

'[Gastric microbiota in health and disease]: This review paper summarizes the current knowledge on the gastric microbiota in health and disease. It discusses the factors that influence gastric microbiota composition and diversity, such as diet, lifestyle, host genetics, medications, infections, and diseases. It also reviews the roles of the gastric microbiota in gastric physiology, immunity, carcinogenesis, and therapy.'

'there are some special microbial groups that can break down food and produce gas, these microbial groups are mainly some anaerobic bacteria that can ferment proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, such as Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides, Escherichia coli, etc. These microbial groups can use food that the host cannot or has not had time to digest as substrates and produce a lot of metabolic products, such as short-chain fatty acids, ammonia, polyamines, hydrogen sulfide, phenols, indoles, etc. Some of these metabolic products are beneficial, such as short-chain fatty acids can provide energy, regulate metabolism, inhibit inflammation, etc.; some are harmful, such as ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, etc. can stimulate nerves, damage mucosa, cause bad smells, etc.

Some of these metabolic products will be expelled from the body in the form of gas, causing hiccups, bloating, farting, and other phenomena. A hiccup is the sound made by the sudden contraction of the diaphragm causing the trachea to close quickly. The contraction of the diaphragm may be due to the expansion or stimulation of the stomach. Therefore, if there are too many gas-producing microbial groups in the intestine, it may cause the stomach to be filled with gas, which may trigger hiccups.

Of course, this is only a possible explanation and may not apply to the situation. Perhaps the hiccups are related to other factors, such as food allergies, gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), etc. To determine whether the hiccups are related to intestinal microbes, it may need to do some tests, such as stool culture, breath test, gene sequencing, etc. These tests can help understand the composition and function of the intestinal microbiota and whether they are related to your hiccups.'

They are produced by New Being.
Attachments
Being chat2.pdf
(148.36 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Being chat 1.pdf
(269.69 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

shengtao

Post by shengtao »

We are the same people. I just found my username. Before I use both names 'Tarrylowe' and 'Shengtao'.

Return to “Everything Else 其他”