Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

What yogurt or probiotics does everyone recommend?

At present some of these have been shown to have a modest effect in animals and slight effect in man (reducing H.p. - not curing it). They may do some good but can't compete with antibiotics at present. They may be the future if current research programs pay off.

Moderator: barjammar

lalov1

What yogurt or probiotics does everyone recommend?

Post by lalov1 »

I've been eating activia yogurt and another dannon type yogurt, but these are high in sugar. I'm going out to buy lifeway kefir later since I heard it is better than yogurt. Anyone recommend anything?

drgehlhaar

Re: What yogurt or probiotics does everyone recommend?

Post by drgehlhaar »

I eat Activia Yogurt with cereal. It has extra fiber. I also take Probiotic Advantage by Dr. David Williams. You can check it out at drdavidwilliams.com. Right now they have a buy 3 bottles and get the 4th free offer. Good Luck!
Neesie

mdeu11

question?

Post by mdeu11 »

i was diagnosed with h pylori the beginning of dec. 2011. i previously had a endoscopy in may 2011. that was done by my gi. the h pylori was tested thru blood work. that was done by my gp. when i went back to see my gi in mid dec. he told me that he did not belive i was infected because the endoscopy revealed no infection. who do i believe? i was never treated for h pylori prior to any of this. thru my gp i started taking a prevpak. a month or so after finishing the prevpak my symptoms for are incredibly bad. i have the mid abdominel pain,chest pain,bloating,gas,bouts of diarreha. my anxiety level is thru the roof. i feel like i am going to die. i am currently seeing a different gi. he had me submit a stool sample and i am awaiting the results. i have also had several test to rule out my pancreas, gall bladder and liver. so far so good. any help with regards to this would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i would trust the histology and breath test result. i think breath test is the easiest and most convenient test. if you are worried, just go booked yourself one. all the best.

gutsickjorge

Post by gutsickjorge »

im beginning to wonder if the prevpak or similar aren't worse than a controlled or symbiotic hp "infection". many instances of people getting horribly sicker after treatment. im on day 3 and can honestly say im getting worse by the hour! I can only imagine how bad this will be after 14 days of bleaching my digestive tract out with this poison. may come out worse than I went in with a spiral downward? typical medicine today. one cure treats all. doctors seem to be too busy to really be a doctor anymore. im sure if I do come out sicker it will only be more pills. I am honestly prepared to do the deed if this keeps up!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's harsh, but please keep going. stopping half way only give chance for H. pylori to gain resistance and you'll need even more terrible antibiotics. only a few more days to go. Keep up the good work. think positive. by the way, you are right about one cure treats all. you may have some unknown infection else where which will be treated too. :)

for example, there is report saying that H pylori treatment cure skin disease.

gutsickjorge

Post by gutsickjorge »

thanks, I will get thru it. arthritis & depression? I understand that most if not all of the brains chemicals are made in the digestive tract? Im hoping this fixes all!!!!!!!!!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i think the other way. our thoughts can definitely affect the body. I know a few people (h. pylori negative), whenever they are stressed, they will have all the h. pylori symptoms. eg. bloating and pain.

in addition, i know a story about a human trial study. in that study, volunteers were give genetic modified H. pylori to trigger vaccine effect. one volunteer became so symptomatic that he ended up in hospital for a few days. the research team was so panic. but in the end of the study, they found out that this volunteer was given a placebo (not real H. pylori). A great relief for everyone.

helico4eva

Post by helico4eva »

from my experience plain kefir, probiotic plain yogurt, fat free greek yogurt, organic kimichi is best

homemade organic even better

sugary yogurts are a no go

Atrix

Post by Atrix »

Just a quick word on post-antibiotics options. I have discovered that fresh Sauerkraut / fermented cabbage worked best for me. Especially, in terms of restoring gut flora and fighting candida after finishing the treatment. If you can't buy it, look up receipes on net. You dont need much for that. Basically, cabbage and salt. Good luck to everyone!

Return to “Yoghurt, Lactobacilli, Acidophilus etc.”